Build it, break it and rebuild it better.
We are looking for a Lead Test Engineer/Head of testing who can lead/collaborate on improving the engineering team’s test coverage, release velocity and production health.
Head of Testing/Lead Test Engineer job description
We are looking for a Head of Testing/Lead Test Engineer to join our team! As our Head of Testing you will be responsible for the planning and implementation of tests that prove the functional and non-functional requirements of the system.
Head of Testing duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for defining QA strategy, approach and execution in development projects.
- Building and maintenance of quality standards as well as enforcing technical and testing standards.
- Gather and present testing metrics and testing activities for the projects to key stakeholders.
- Prepare file defect reports and report test progress.
- Own continuous improvement, research new technology and new techniques to implement change.
- Automate where appropriate to increase efficiencies.
- Contribute to release planning sessions with estimations and timelines.
- Maintain and develop automated test suites, aiming for constant improvement.
- Look for gaps in process and seek to make improvements.
- Compile brief user guides and wiki instruction pages for QA team members.
Head of Testing requirements and qualifications
- 5+ years experience in Software Testing.
- Love for and a deep understanding of QA.
- Understand the uses and methods of testing.
- Fearless – not afraid to suggest or back big ideas however disruptive they may be.
- Excellent knowledge in testing skills (design test plan and test strategy, writing test cases, executing test cases, opening bugs, verifying bugs).
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
You will be a senior member of the Paycircle team and will be given the authority and freedom to make business critical decisions, with the support and backing of the business founders. You will be working in a fast paced, high growth environment. You’ll be working with the latest technologies on a great product alongside a passionate and talented team and, best of all, you’ll be joining at a very exciting point in Paycircle’s evolution.
Salary – £negotiable + profit share
Location – Ascot, Berkshire